Yangon Heritage Trust
Type: Non-governmental organization
Director: Ms. Moe Moe Lwin
Address: 22-24, First Floor, Pansodan Street (Lowest Block), Kyauktada, Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel: +95-1-240 544
Email: [email protected]
Yangon Heritage Trust advocates for heritage protection, develops clear and sustainable policy options, promotes the proper conservation of Yangon’s rich urban heritage within a cohesive planning process, engages with government, business and civil society, communicates its ideas to the widest possible audience, undertakes specific conservation projects and facilitates research and training.
By partnering with government and residents to maintain a sustainable and thriving urban center, Yangon Heritage Trust focuses on allowing the city to fully modernize while also conserving the urban heritage which makes it unique. Good integration of conservation and development can transform Yangon into one of the region’s most beautiful and livable cities, a social and economic asset for the nation.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES:
- Giving advices to union region and city government on physical conservation, heritage management, good development and new designs for public realm usage.
- Giving advices to both government and private sector on how to best restore and reuse heritage places
- Undertaking specific conservation projects
- Advocating for heritage protection
- Facilitating training, and organizing studies and conferences