Penang Heritage Trust
Type: Membership-based, non-governmental organization
President: Ms. Lim Gaik Siang
Vice-president: Ms. Khoo Salma Nasution
Address: 26 Lebuh Gereja, 10200 Penang,
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
To conserve the cultural and natural heritage of Penang state, Malaysia
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES:
- Talks, site visits, conferences, training workshops
- The Penang Heritage Trust (PHT) was established in 1986 as a charitable NGO, dedicated to conserving and promoting Penang’s cultural and natural heritage.
- PHT ran a 10-year campaign which resulted in George Town being listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site on 7 July 2008.
- PHT has run many programmes including The Penang Story series which mapped various cultural communities and local histories of Penang and also connected Penang with historical personalities and events in the region.
- We are also currently running the PHT Living Heritage Treasures Awards and the Penang Apprenticeship Programme for Artisans.
- We regularly organise public awareness programmes, cultural educational programmes and cooperate with other like-minded organisations in Malaysia and abroad.