Type: Social enterprise
Chairman & Founder: Mrs. Kommaly Chanthavong
Address: Ban Lee, Route 7, Muang Pek District, Xieng Khouang Province, Lao PDR, Po Box 4556, Vientiane Lao PDR
Tel: (+856) 21 562951
Email: [email protected]
To advance an ecological, economic, cultural and socially sustainable Lao silk and handicraft enterprise that improves the livelihood of the people we work with. An important part of our work is to ensure that our environmental, cultural and artistic resources are safeguarded for future generations.
- Commitment to the growth of sericulture production to produce high-quality silk threads and textiles.
- Seeks to create income-generating opportunities for Lao people in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
- Strengthen communities by developing and refining the rich cultural resources that Lao villagers already possess and work to ensure that resources remain for the future generations in Laos.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES:
- We run the complete process of silk-making: animals are bred for manure as fertiliser; mulberry trees are cultivated for its leaves to feed silk caterpillars from egg to cocoon; silk filaments are reeled, treated, and spun into yarns; raw materials for making natural colours are grown on site for yarn dyeing and fabric dyeing; quality textile products are then woven or knitted for national and international markets.
- We are committed to researches in deepening our insight in sericulture, we continuously train people with such knowledge. Collectively, our staff and network of village families have become a community engaged in maintaining Lao’s heritage of its rich textile tradition and beautiful landscape.