Center for Research and Promotion of Cultural Heritage
To apply the latest achievements in the studies of safeguarding tangible and intangible cultural heritage, in contribution to the promotion of a sustainable and culturally-rich development of local and indigenous communities in the countryside and cities of Vietnam.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES:
CCH provides advisory, capacity-building services and conducts research and promotion activities in the field of cultural heritage. Examples of CCH’s projects and programs;
- Heritage Education
Preparation policy paper and guideline for the “Integration of Cultural Heritage in Secondary Education in Vietnam” project, in collaboration with UNESCO Hanoi Office and Department of Secondary Education, Ministry of Education and Training (2012-2014).
- Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Advisory,capacity-building, research, and implementation services in the US$1 million project “Inventorying of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Hanoi” with funding by Hanoi City (2012-2015).
- Inventorying of intangible cultural heritage in Phú Th Province (2014-2015) and preparation of nomination file for Xoan singing of Phú Th Province to UNESCO’s Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity for inscription in 2017 (2015-2016).
- Organizing international workshops, exchanges of ICH performance, publication, ICH inventorying, etc. in collaboration with ICHCAP (International Information and Networking Centre for Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region under the auspices of UNESCO) and various partners in Korea.
- Museums and Heritage Sites
- Advisory and capacity-building services, and content development for museums to Tôn Đ c Th ng Museum, H Chí Minh City (2013-2014), Hà T ĩnh Province Museum (2014-2015), Custom Museum (B o tàng H i quan) (2014- 2015), Vietnam Military History Museum, Hanoi (2015-2016), B n Tre Museum (2019 onward), Hùng Vương Museum, Phú Th Province (2019 onward).
- Development of visitor information and interpretation signage for Yên T Landscape Complex (2015-2016).
- Improvement of interpretation, visitor and heritage education programs at Văn Mi u – Qu c T Giám Temple of Literature, Hanoi (2014-2016).
- Enhancement of interpretation and renovation of permanent exhibitions and activities at the Independence Palace (2012-2014) and preparation of special exhibition “From Norodom Palace to Independence Place, 1868–1966” (2015-2017).
- Cultural Rights and Cultural Institutions
- Project “Promoting Right to Information among Youths through Multi-Ethnic Project-Learning Activities in Đăk Nông and Hanoi” (2010), US Embassy Democracy Small Grants – FY 2009 (US$19,990).
- Development of grassroots level cultural institutions in Hanoi City (2015-2016).